Note: On some motorcycle models, SW-MOTECH On-Road/Off-Road Footpegs will have a slight forward angle to allow for a more natural riding position.
New, convertible footpeg system from SW-Motech allows you to replace your stock pegs with wider pegs at one of two heights, complete with a removable rubber pad for quick conversion from on- to off-road applications! Bike-specific mount and set of footpegs included.
- Attaches to original footpeg mount
- Footpegs are made out of high-grade, corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Removable rubber pads reduce vibration
- Larger than original footpegs
- Textured surface on rubber pad provides superior traction
- Footpeg mount is CNC-milled from high strength aluminum alloy
- Height can be lowered 15mm from stock position
- Convertible design great for both street and off-road riding
- Pegs with rubber attached are 2 inches wide and 3 inches long
- Review by Anonymous
The install was simple. it took 10 or 15 minutes, and there's only one bolt to torque on the right side and none on the left. I used the rubber pads, which are included in the kit but optional for installation.
The quality of the pegs is excellent, much nicer than the OEM pegs. They look "factory," and the fit and finish is an excellent complement to the bike.
I adjusted my stock shift lever and brake levers lower, and I have plenty of room to operate them naturally and normally with my size 11 touring boots.
My major concern before installing them was that they might push my feet outward when the pegs are in the lowered position, making me shift and brake "pigeon-toed." This is not the case at all; I can place my feet with the heels up against the heel guards when I choose to.
I have gone "fast" around long sweepers and on-ramps, and I don't think I'm anywhere close to contacting the ground. I'm not planning a track day with this bike, but for quick-but-sane street riding the clearance is more than adequate.
As a bonus, it is much easier and more comfortable when you stand up in the saddle. You can't help but notice the difference.
I have zero regrets; these pegs met or exceeded all my expectations and I recommend them without reservation. (Posted on 14-07-07)
- Review by Harry
- Review by Dan