Install Notes: Givi A172 Windscreen for a Suzuki Gladius 650 '09-
Twisted Throttle customer and Suzuki Gladius owner Joel shared some information about the installation of the Givi A172 windscreen on his motorcycle. Here are his notes.
The instructions by Givi are useful for:
- Showing which way the brackets point (long arm down).
- The order of the washers.
- They DO NOT show well the routing of the brackets.
Order of work:
- Start with the right-hand side. Turn the handle bars all the way to left and work from behind the handlebars. Good light and a chair are most helpful.
- Unscrew the Allen-head screw holding the cable guide. Note: this screw also holds the right side of the instrument pod.
- Slip in the Givi-bracket (be sure to use the correct one, see that the longer arm is down, where the screen attaches).
- Insert the Givi-provided hex bolt, tighten snug. The reason is that when you do the left-hand side, the instrument pod stays aligned to the mounting hole.
- Move to the left side, turn handle bars all the way to right. Repeat the disassembly and assembly from (a-c). This side is a b**ch, since the cables get into way.
- Attach the screen.
- Loosen the 2 Givi-hex bolts a bit, and let the assembly find its "natural" position, and re-tighten (haven't done this yet, since I need to get an 8mm spanner wrench, my tools don't fit in there).