The MRA motorcycle windshield for Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere VT Vario Touring screen is a direct replacement upgrade over the factory unit that enhances aerodynamics, comfort and wind protection with an optimized main screen and 7 position adjustable spoiler. The spoiler can be adjusted (without tools) to redirect air for reduced wind noise, buffeting and a more enjoyable ride. Enhance the versatility of your motorcycle allowing height and angle changes to accommodate different riding conditions. Improve weather protection by setting the screen at full height or change the angle to deflect wind blast and reduce noise. The spoiler can also be set at the lowest position for more clearance when standing during off road adventures.
This high quality windshield is constructed with specially modified Plexiglas made from MRA's exact recipe for supreme optical clarity, strength and enhanced safety to guarantee strict German National Road Traffic safety regulations are met. Although this special Plexiglas is very durable, if broken the edge will actually expose a blunt surface reducing the risk of serious injury. During development MRA ensures all optical focal points are eliminated to prevent damage when parked in direct sunlight (see below for more info on optical focal points). Available in clear or smoke gray. Enjoy every mile on your Super Tenere and bolt on a Vario Touring Screen from MRA!
- Direct replacement upgrade over factory original windshield
- Bolts on to Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere without modifications
- Significantly improves aerodynamics & wind protection
- Vario Touring spoiler features 7 position adjustment to fine tune air flow
- Spoiler redistributes air to eliminate turbulence, wind noise & buffeting
- Spoiler position is adjustable without tools
- Great for standing off road with screen in lowest position
- Lower screen is shaded black to provide cleaner aesthetics
- Improved comfort at highway speeds
- High quality Plexiglas modified for MRA's strict specifications
- Superior optical clarity with no optical focal points (see below for more information on optical focal points)
- Compatible with German National Road Traffic safety regulations
- If damaged, broken edges are designed to break with a dull edge
- Designed & engineered in Germany utilizing the wind tunnel for superior performance
- Available in clear or smoke gray
- Dimensions: 16.1" W x 16.5" H
What's in the box:
- MRA Vario Touring Screen for Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere '14-'17
- Mounting materials
- Installation instructions
- MRA.4025066149766 -Clear
- MRA.4025066149773 -Smoke Gray
What is an Optical Focal Point?
An optical focal point is a beam of light that will converge onto a single point by the object it passes through (in this case, a windscreen other than an MRA) where it can easily focus enough energy to burn and damage bodywork or instrument cluster as the sun passes through or reflects off of the object. This is the same type of science that occurs when you take a magnifying glass outside on a sunny day to burn ants! MRA uses CAD technology and testing to ensure every screen is completely free of optical imperfections & focal points. Be careful when shopping for windscreens, read the fine print and disclaimers to make sure your motorcycle isn't at risk or simply go with the superior choice and install an MRA!
MRA Germany Production Facility