The Premium line is Oxford's latest generation of heated grips. The Touring version fits standard 7/8" handlebars and has ergonomically engineered grip pattern to optimize riding performance. Thicker rubber in areas of maximum wear; 5² block siped tread patterns for high levels of grip and feel; diamond tread pattern where maximum grip is required.
Intelligent heat controller features:
- 5 heat settings (30%, 40%, 50%, 75% and 100%) with LED lights to indicate heat setting
- Sealed-for-life welded case for long-term durability and weather proofing
- Battery Saving Mode turns grips off if you forget or if battery voltage falls too low
- Raised and tactile silicone buttons for use with gloved hands
What's in the box:
- Throttle and clutch side Touring pattern grips
- Intelligent Heat Controller
- Metal bracket and hardware for mounting controller
- Wiring harness with 5 amp mini-blade fuse, zip-tys and grip glue
- Instruction booklet and 2 year warranty card
- Fits 7/8" (22mm) handlebars and clip-ons
- Standard length 4.72" (120mm) Trimmable to 4.37" (110mm)
- Grips are open ended to allow for bar-end weights and/or handguards
- Current drain: Average 3.6 amps per pair (up to 2.0 amps each - 28-30 watts)
- Fuse: 5 amp mini-blade (available in most auto parts stores)
- Intelligent Heat Controller draws only 71 micro amps (0.071mA) in standby mode
Requires only standard tools. No splicing, crimping or soldering needed. Connects direct to battery with ring terminals.
- Review by Archistrada
Absolutely everything you need to install the heated grips is included.
Installation is quick and easy...the longest part of the installation was determining how to hide the cabling between the grips and the battery and, maybe, where to put the controller (two options are provided).
The grips heat-up perfectly and the components appear to be high quality. They turn off automatically when the bike is shut-off in case you forget.
I would recommend hand guards to keep the wind off the back of your hands. (Posted on 15-11-25)
- Review by ashveratu
Side note: Since these are connected to a DC/DC converter and not a battery, I had to disable the "batter saver" function (it's in the manual) to keep them from turning off while riding. (Posted on 15-11-23)
- Review by nate123
- Review by SorryinBoise
- Review by Dwaynefjr
- Review by Mbd
The actual installation on a Honda VFR1200 was straight forward but did take about 5 hours. It was necessary to remove any old glue and paint from the handlebars and burrs on the inside of the grips. I am very pleased with the final installation.
They grips work great, providing lots of heat with good control. The auto-shutoff feature seems very reliable.
I would definitely recommend these heated grips. (Posted on 14-10-04)
- Review by Anonymous
- Review by Robert
For Triumph owners - clutch side mounted with no issues. Had to take a Dremel tool to grind off the wings on the throttle side. I suggest using glass cleaner if you dry fit. Mounting bracket did not fit on my bike so I ordered the Denali Clamp-On Switch Mount For 7/8 Inch Handlebars, worked perfectly. (Posted on 13-12-27)